One welcome feature I have found is the ability to lock the car from the app even if it is running.

Xingyu

Post by Xingyu »

One welcome feature I have found is the ability to lock the car from the app even if it is running.

No more shutting down the car, hopping out, locking the car then remote starting.
Tony

Post by Tony »

where do you actually download the App?
Ben0

Post by Ben0 »

So you can't just leave the car on, take smartkey with you and lock it externally?
Rezal

Post by Rezal »

Did you download it for Android and set it up successfully? If so what region did you put into the app setup screen?
Barbaros

Post by Barbaros »

Just got back this email from byd

We are very excited that announements regarding the BYD app will be released in the coming weeks.

Kind regards,

Taylor
BYD Customer Care Team
Suhail

Post by Suhail »

I got the same message on the App this morning as I had walked away without "Stopping" the car from inside.
I am just wondering what the message really means? does it mean that I can't unlock and drive away with keyfob now? I have to use the App to unlock it next time before attempting to drive?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Just keep in mind that the car can be driven away in that state.
Warren

Post by Warren »

Does it provide vehicle location ?
Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Does that mean if you broke your phone when you locked it you can't get back in? Don't hand over your phone to the kids if you've used it to lock your car :-P
William

Post by William »

Need help, downloaded and installed the app. registered via the email. the app opens shows range left, battery soc but none of the other functions work. Is there something that i need to do to make it work. i am using android 13.