Used gutter guard to protect the radiator- it has larger holes than the mesh I’ve seen and will allow plenty of air flow

Mike

Post by Mike »

Used gutter guard to protect the radiator- it has larger holes than the mesh I’ve seen and will allow plenty of air flow
Just cut the mesh with scissors to fit, put the zip ties in place (vertically at the ends, horizontal in middle) Slide it in through the top gap = position by loosely securing the zip ties then tighten up.
I'm going to the outback in a few months - going through clouds of insects and trucks kicking up stones - seemed like a simple and free modification (as I had some gutter guard and zip ties hanging around)
Rob0

Post by Rob0 »

Why is this a thing people are going nuts over? I've heard of 1 vehicle having an issue, anecdotally on here... Not a crazy concern.
Vic0

Post by Vic0 »

I didn’t have to do this for my 30k car, and yet here we are…
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

I have these too. Could you please post the size?
Mafe

Post by Mafe »

Why you have to do this? 😳
Martin

Post by Martin »

Spend $50k on a car and add a 50 cent piece of mesh with cable ties. No thanks. I’m happy with the AliExpress clip on ones.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Busy writing a list for my atto when it finally arrives:
Gutter guard. Cable ties. Rust preventative spray. 12 volt jump starter. RACV premium roadside assist. ICE backup vehicle😂😂😂
Collin

Post by Collin »

It depends a lot on the roads you are driving.
We drove from Wagga to Katoomba via Bathurst on Thursday and the amount of road work and rocks thrown up at the windscreen was concerning.
I'm glad I have glass cover on my insurance and I was thinking some mesh would help my blood pressure.