Hi all, new member here. I just put a the deposit down for a (finger crossed) may/June delivery of an Atto 3.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi all, new member here. I just put a the deposit down for a (finger crossed) may/June delivery of an Atto 3.

Can somebody clear up the situation with 3-phase charging? I know it doesn't do it today but is it coming in the future?
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Won't be available with the current model. They might introduce it in the next revision.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Some have told me it may be upgradable. Any truth to this rumour?
Xingyu

Post by Xingyu »

No and no, if you're in Australia.

A retrofit MAY become available in the future but it will certainly cost an astronomical amount relative to the benefits it will bring to your car.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Only upgradable like having 4wd and a 300kw motor sometime in the future. Its a hard no with this model atto 3
Ajit

Post by Ajit »

What do we require 3 phase charging? Does it matter?
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Single phase 7kw charging will add 40km per hour at home or the shops (with the correct socket and charger), or fast DC charging will add 89kw per hour. Even Tesla or an EV at twice the price of the BYD can only handle 11kw per hour on 3 phase, so I fail to see the benefit? Whether it takes 7hrs of charging to add 300km or 4.5hrs, isn't it irrelevant? It's slow regardless. Just pay $23~ to charge at max DC speed if you're in a real rush, if the option is there. Still a lot cheaper than petrol.